Post by Travis on Mar 23, 2017 19:06:39 GMT -5
FSCaptain version 1.7.4 Beta 1 is now available for download - links below. The changelist notes from the README can be found later still in this post.
This version is being released to correct a set of bugs which accompanied 1.7.3. If you have experienced freezes or mysterious CTDs, then you will want to check the Fixpack Installer below.
There's nothing new in this version - merely bugfixes and a change or two.
As always, FSCaptain remains free to test and use with the only limitations being able to takeoff from six airports - KOLM, KPDX, KSEA, EGCC, EGGD and EGJJ. License keys can be obtained from several online flight sim retailers.
Full Version of 1.7.4 Beta 1:
This is a complete installation, including all flight crew audios. Choose this if you are not currently using FSCaptain or if you're on a version older than 1.7.0. (Just back up your \Data\ folder along with your options.cfg file.)
Fixpack for 1.7.4 Beta 1:
This is a smaller install for those upgrading from earlier versions (and this does include FO_Peter's audios).
The Fixpack installer will ask you for permission to overwrite some files - these are locked configuration files which we need to update... so please respond Yes to the installer when it asks.
Here are cautions for existing Captains for two files this installer will overwrite, and for another file that may need manual updating:
- This version includes an overwriting version of \Config\Notams.txt to include new items. If you have custom NOTAMS in your existing \Config\Notams.txt file, PLEASE BACK UP YOUR CHANGES before installing this Fixpack. Then after installation of the Fixpack, you may copy your changes into the new file.
- This version includes an overwriting version of \Config\Deice.cfg to allow for a new option which will come into play when Designated Deicing Facilities are enabled. If you have custom airport deicing rules in your existing \Config\Deice.cfg file, PLEASE BACK UP YOUR CHANGES before installing this Fixpack. Then after installation of the Fixpack, you may copy your changes into the new file.
- This version includes a small set of new transportable items - "Commercial Cargo" - which can be hand copied from \Config\NewItems.cfg into your existing \Config\Items.cfg file.
(In fact it's always a best practice to back up your entire \FSCaptain\ folder before updating! Your career may thank you one day!)
CHANGELIST FOR FSCAPTAIN 1.7.4 Beta 1
General Notes on Bugs and Changed Items
- Negative altitudes (down to -500ft) are now allowed on the Administrator's Winds dialog.
- A possible fix for manifest issues with Dispatch Releases - some causing CTDs.
- ACDC collisions on the ground could freeze the Captain's aircraft until the end of the simulator session.
- All non-checkride, non-collision, and non-birdstrike engine failures can be unfailed (made available to restart) in 10-15 seconds after failure. This does not apply to engine fires.
- A bug was found in the DIVERT screen which could cause a CTD.
- We now ignore Company Log entries with outrageous Flight Numbers. (Either negative or in the millions.)
- Extra achievements have been added for Captains who pass 5000, 7500 and 10000 hours at an airline.
- The User Guide has been updated to reflect changes in the upcoming Designated Deicing Facilities rollout.
- Minor bits of logging to catch things in the future.