Post by Travis on Jan 19, 2019 19:12:45 GMT -5
We're ready to offer public access to FSCaptain Version 1.8.1 Release Candidate 1.
Many bugs have been fixed, and a few other changes are in place.
We anticipate there will be a public Release Candidate 2 within 10 days, and (with some good luck) a public release of 1.8.1 within a short while thereafter.
The biggest change for 1.8.1 has been to offer support for FSDT's GSX and its ability to accept passenger counts for boarding and de-boarding.
If you're planning on flying 100 PAX on a jumbo jet that's able to handle four-times that amount... your FCDU will tell GSX exactly how many passengers there are!
If you start your GSX boarding before you start your FCDU loading (once you've set the new option HONOR_OTHER_GROUND_SERVICES=1), the FCDU will keep 'in-count' with the count of the GSX passengers. (We'll process a few ticks behind GSX since we count a passenger as boarded or de-boarded only after they have done so.)
The FCDU can also now detect the deicing fluid type that you ask GSX to apply, and we can calculate the correct Holdover Time from GSX's application.
- Lots of Post Beta-2 bug fixes!
- Better handling of Prepar3D version 4's add-on system.
- You can write Dispatch Releases (in TXT and HTML) to a dedicated location for remote viewing.
- There are improved Cargo loads for PAX and Cargo-only flights.
- Local Pressure can be set once you have been granted Approach Clearance by your airline - even if you're above the destination's Transition Level.
- A special autosave can be written when you go IN, so you can pick up a multi-leg flight at a later real-world time by reloading your IN situation.
About Our Installers (and, why are there so many?)
There are six installers, but you likely only need one installer. We support both new and update installs, in any type of Microsoft or Prepar3D simulator dating back to FS 2004.
First, decide if you are updating a recent version of FSCaptain, or starting anew.
- The Full Installers are intended for those who have not tried FSCaptain before, or those who would like to update an older version. They contain every single file you'll need to start fresh with FSCaptain.
- The Fixpack Installers are intended for those who have FSCaptain 1.8.0 or 1.8.1 Betas already installed. These Installers contain the main changes of this version - gauges, DLL & EXEs, updated documentation, (missing sounds from earlier releases - oops), and a set of updated Aircraft configuration and Load Map files supplied in ZIP format so they don't overwrite any modified Aircraft files you have.
Now that you know if you want a Full or Fixpack Installer, just pick the Installer that fits your simulator:
- FS9/FS2004 Installers are only meant to be used with those simulators. This model of FSCaptain lacks the ability to use SimConnect.
- SimConnect-32 (aka, SC-32) Installers are meant to be used for FSX, FSX-SE, as well as Prepar3D versions 2 & 3. This model of FSCaptain uses 32-bit SimConnect.
- SimConnect-64 (aka, SC-64) Installers are only meant to be used for Prepar3D version 4. This model of FSCaptain uses 64-bit SimConnect.
Our Alpha, Beta and Release Candidate installers will not write shortcuts to your desktop, nor update any Control Panel Uninstaller data.
These Release Candidate Installers will install FSCaptain navdata elements taken from Aerosoft's NavDataPro AIRAC 1807. If you have a current subscription to navdata for FSCaptain, please update (or refresh) your navdata after our installation.
Is there Any More that I have to Read?
Each Installer download has an obvious README file (README-9 for FS9 and README-32 & -64 for the SimConnect versions), but also a READ ME BEFORE INSTALLING file. This file is customized for each Installer... mentioning items which may be new to your installation.
These READMEs contain all of the changes since 1.8.1 Beta 2 and since 1.8.0 Release.
The READMEs also expound on the need to FULLY BACKUP any current FSCaptain installation before installing!! It doesn't cost more than a few seconds of CPU and drive access time... but it could save your flight sim career in the meanwhile!
Final Thoughts - More that you should read....
Please know, there may be some mistakes or gaps in these builds, they are "Late-Beta / Release Candidate" builds - perhaps a configuration file has bad data, or a new aircraft can't be interfaced.
If any of you spot something that doesn't work remotely close to what you expect, please consult the "What to do" area of your READ ME to be able to give us the details we would need to diagnose.
With all that said, please find and download the Installer for your simulator, study the READ ME and the README files... make your backups... then install & test FSCaptain 1.8.1 Release Candidate 1.
With best regards,
--Your FSCaptain Team
Dutch, Peter, Travis
34.4MB - Fixpack Install SimConnect-64 (P3D4 only)
34.7MB - Fixpack Install SimConnect-32 (FSX / FSX-SE / P3D2 / P3D3 only)
20.3MB - Fixpack Install FS9/FS2004 only
204MB - Full Install SimConnect-64 (P3D4 only)
205MB - Full Install SimConnect-32 (FSX / FSX-SE / P3D2 / P3D3 only)
190MB - Full Install FS9/FS2004 only