Post by Travis on Dec 3, 2017 17:30:28 GMT -5
FSCaptain is officially eight years old today, and in celebration of this milestone, we’re announcing the public release of Version 1.8.0 offering more features for Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) simulation… as well as non-ATP assignments!
FSCaptain Version 1.8.0 download links are below.
The changelist notes from the README are long, so there's just a summary here:
- FSCaptain is now Prepar3D Version4 compatible, and with this move we decided to move to separate installers for FS2004, SimConnect 32-bit, and SimConnect 64-bit simulators.
- There's a new Cockpit Management Screen for the FCDU.
- The FCDU is now PLN and Navdata aware.
- There is full support for Dedicated Deicing Facilities (DDFs), along with guidance on how to build your own at your airports.
- There are SimObject deicing trucks that can be automatically deployed at DDFs as well as for on-stand use.
- You can optionally display text from your FO and FA in your SimConnect simulator.
- Once you've reached cruise altitude, you can tell your FO "I'll be back" and they will monitor the flight (and pause the simulator if need be).
- You can script "Assignments" which are flights made outside the normal ATP environment, and which can even involve coming under fire from adversaries!
- Plus dozens of changes and bug fixes from earlier versions....
Each Installer download has an obvious README file (README-9 for FS9 and README-32 & -64 for the SimConnect versions), but also a READ ME BEFORE INSTALLING file. This file is customized for each Installer... mentioning items which may be new to your installation.
The READ ME also preaches the need to FULLY BACKUP any current FSCaptain installation before installing. Backups are super easy to manage - open Windows Explorer copy your \FSCaptain\ folder to somewhere safe (I copy to my desktop), and voila - you've made a safe backup!
Here are the download links. First decide if you want a new Full Installation, or if you're currently an FSCaptain... a Fixpack Installation.
Then select the installer for your simulator - either FS9, or 32- or 64-bit SimConnect. (That's the type of SimConnect... not your operating system!) We have limited support for Windows XP, but it doesn't matter if you're running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
When you have your download, unzip it, review the README files, then install.
Happy Flying with ACME!
188 MB - FS2004 Full Install
202 MB - SimConnect 32-bit Full Install - only for FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D2 & P3D3
202 MB - SimConnect 64-bit Full Install - only for P3D4
15.2 MB - FS2004 Fixpack Install
29.6 MB - SimConnect 32-bit Fixpack Install - only for FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D2 & P3D3
29.4 MB - SimConnect 64-bit Fixpack Install - only for P3D4